Growth in Prayer and Reflective Living (GPRL)
This course starts in October and will be online from Edinburgh.
This course is now full.
If you would like to be added to the waiting list, or to discuss other possible options, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
It is hoped to run a short Ways of Praying course for those on the. waiting list
This course aims to help participants develop and deepen their experience of prayer and live more reflectively. It offers the opportunity to explore faith, discover meaning and come to a deeper, more intimate, relationship with God.
It provides space to examine hopes and desires and to move towards fullness of life in ourselves, and those around us, in the global community to which we all belong.
Who is the course for?
The course is open to those of any denomination and none. No particular experience of prayer is required, only a desire for God. Participants should be prepared to share some of their experience of prayer with others. Because of the participatory nature of the course a commitment to regular attendance is important.
Participants are offered opportunity to:
- Experience different ways of praying taken from Ignatian and other spiritual traditions. These include coming to stillness, silent waiting, praying with scripture, imaginative contemplation and review of the day.
- Explore aids to prayer and reflection including journaling, artwork, body awareness, music and use of images.
- Develop and deepen awareness of different perceptions of God and self.
- Begin to discover a way of making prayerful choices in tune with God’s hopes and desires for the world through an introduction to Ignatian discernment.
The method is primarily experience based and reflective. Sessions include input, space for prayer, guided prayer and reflection and small group sharing. Participants are offered the opportunity of one to one spiritual accompaniment and towards the end of the course there is a short retreat.
The full course fee is £360 payable in full or as monthly payments.
A deposit of £50 will be requested when an applicant is accepted.
No-one should feel excluded because of cost. Bursaries are available.
To apply in confidence please download the Bursary Form (PDF)
Dates and Times
Wednesday evenings 7-8.30pm (or 9 pm) with a retreat weekend
- 28th Oct
- 4th, 11th, 18th 25th Nov
- 2nd, 9th, 16th Dec
- 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th Jan
- 3rd, 17th, 24th Feb
- 3rd, 10th,17th, 24th, 31st March
- 28th Apr
- Friday 23rd April 7-9.30pm
- Saturday 24th April 10am to 4pm
Places are limited. Please apply as soon as possible.
For more information please contact Anne Claveirole (course tutor):
Download GPRLflier 2020_21 (DOC)
Download GPRL Application Form 2020_21 (DOCX)