Growth in Prayer and Reflective Living (GPRL) Online
This course starts in October 2021.
THIS COURSE IS NOW FULL
This course aims to help participants develop and deepen their experience of prayer and live more reflectively. It offers the opportunity to explore faith, discover meaning and come to a deeper, more intimate, relationship with God.
It provides space to examine hopes and desires and to move towards fullness of life in ourselves, and those around us, in the global community to which we all belong.
Who is the course for?
The course is open to those of any denomination and none. No particular experience of prayer is required, only a desire for God. Participants should be prepared to share some of their experience of prayer with others. Because of the participatory nature of the course a commitment to regular attendance is important.
What previous participants have said:
- The regularity has helped create a focus and a rhythm in an otherwise quite chaotic life.
- I found the course very fulfilling
- New ways to think about God and about prayer
- God has become more approachable
- It has helped me see areas I can work with God in my prayer life and
it has made me more excited about prayer
- The course has slowed me down, made me take more time with God.
Participants are offered opportunity to:
- Experience different ways of praying taken from Ignatian and other spiritual traditions. These include coming to stillness, silent waiting, praying with scripture, imaginative contemplation and review of the day.
- Explore aids to prayer and reflection including journaling, artwork, body awareness, music and use of images.
- Develop and deepen awareness of different perceptions of God and self.
- Begin to discover a way of making prayerful choices in tune with God’s hopes and desires for the world through an introduction to Ignatian discernment.
The method is primarily experience based and reflective. Sessions include input, space for prayer, guided prayer and reflection and small group sharing. Participants are offered the opportunity of one to one spiritual accompaniment and towards the end of the course there is a short retreat.
The course will take place online.
Course Dates for 2021-2022
The course begins in October and ends shortly after Easter;
Wednesday evenings 7.00 – 8.45 / 9.00pm.
Term 1: Oct 27th / Nov 3rd / Nov 10th / Nov 17th / Nov 24th / Dec 1st / Dec 8th / Dec 15th
Term 2: Jan 12th / Jan 19th /Jan 26th / Feb 2nd / Feb 9th
Term 3: Mar 2nd / Mar 9th / Mar 16th / Mar 23rd / Mar 30th / Apr 6th /Apr 27th
Also one weekend: Friday April 22nd 7.00pm – 9.30pm and Saturday April 23rd 10.00am – 4.00pm.
The full course fee is £375 payable in full or as monthly payments.
A deposit of £50 will be requested when an applicant is accepted.
Download( GPRL flyer-2021-22 (DOCX)
Download Application form (DOCX)
Places are limited. Please apply as soon as possible.
For more information please contact Anne Claveirole (course tutor):
The Epiphany Group (EG) is keen that no-one should be excluded from our courses for financial
reasons. We encourage applicants to seek funding from other sources and can offer suggestions on this.
There is also a limited EG Bursary and Development Fund, supported by donations, which is available to those in need of assistance.
THIS COURSE IS NOW FULL
Application for Bursary (DOCX)