St Ignatius of Loyola developed guidelines to help people come to decisions about where to go and what to do in their lives. The process involves the followers of Christ becoming more sensitive to the action of God in their lives. The underlying sense is one of trusting self and feelings. The belief is that God’s desire for each one of us is that we should be at peace and joyful.
- Making good decisions
- Decision making
- Discerning God’s will
- Discernment: A Jesuit guide to decision making Kevin O’ Brien SJ
- Making group decisions
- The Examen: prayer of discernment of the movement of the Holy Spirit
- Discernment in a Nutshell: the basics of discernment.
- Discernment at Different Stages of Life
- God in all things Discernment Resources
- Discerning as a Couple: A four-part framework for discerning as a couple and making good decisions.
- Five Tips for Discerning Balance in a Busy Life: Guiding principles for ongoing discernment.
A series of videos on discernment from Fr. Michael Rossmann, SJ >>>